Rupinder P. Jindal, Ph.D.
Rupinder is interested in studying a wide variety of questions related to issues of co-ordination and control in channels of distribution and sales forces; strategic issues in retailing; issues of construct measurement; issues of public policy in healthcare; and ways of enhancing the value proposition of products and services. Before joining UW Tacoma, he was an assistant professor at the University of Houston in Texas.
He has published his research in several top-level journals including the Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Marketing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Journal of Retailing, and International Journal of Research in Marketing.
He is an Associate Editor in the Retailing track for the Journal of Business Research, and serves on the editorial review board of the International Journal of Research in Marketing. He also regularly reviews for several other top-level journals including the Journal of Marketing, Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, and Journal of Retailing.
Before pursuing an academic career, he worked in pharmaceutical marketing in India for three years and an internet B2B start up for over a year.
- Gauri, Dinesh, Rupinder P. Jindal, Brian Ratchford, Edward Fox, Amit Bhatnagar, et al. (2021), “The Evolution of Retail Formats: Past, Present, and Future,” Journal of Retailing, 97 (March), 42-61.
- Ptok, Annette, Rupinder P. Jindal, and Werner Reinartz (2018), “Selling, General, and Administrative expense (SGA)-Based Metrics in Marketing: Conceptual and Measurement Challenges,” Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 46 (November), 987−1013.
- Jindal, Rupinder P., Dinesh Gauri, Gaganjot Singh, and Sean Nicholson (2018), “Factors Influencing Readmission Penalties: Are They Really Under Hospitals’ Control?” Decision Support Systems, 110 (June), 58−70.
- Zimbra, David, Kumar R. Sarangee, and Rupinder P. Jindal* (2017), “Movie Aspects, Tweet Metrics, and Movie Revenues: The Influence of iOS vs. Android,” Decision Support Systems, 102 (October), 98−109. *All authors contributed equally.
- Jindal, Rupinder P., Kumar R. Sarangee, Raj Echambadi, and Sangwon Lee (2016), “Designed to Succeed: Dimensions of Product Design and Their Impact on Market Share,” Journal of Marketing, 80 (July), 72−89.
- Echambadi, Raj, Rupinder P. Jindal, and Edward A. Blair (2013), “Evaluating and Managing Brand Repurchase across Multiple Geographic Retail Markets,” Journal of Retailing, 89 (December), 409−22.
- Jindal, Rupinder P. (2011), “Reducing the Size of Internal Hierarchy: The Case of Multi-Unit Franchising,” Journal of Retailing, 87 (December), 549−62.
- Ahearne, Michael, Adam Rapp, Douglas E. Hughes, and Rupinder P. Jindal* (2010), “Managing Sales Force Product Perceptions and Control Systems in the Success of New Product Introductions,” Journal of Marketing Research, 47 (August), 764−76. *All authors contributed equally
- Jindal, Rupinder P., Werner Reinartz, Manfred Krafft, and Wayne D. Hoyer (2007), “Determinants of the Variety of Routes to Market,” International Journal of Research in Marketing, 24 (March), 17−29.
- TBUS 504 – Marketing Management
- TMKTG 445 – Services Marketing
- TMKTG 460 – Research Methods
- TMKTG 475 – Marketing Strategy
- Nominated for the “Most Inspirational Faculty,” Milgard School of Business, 2014 & 2015
- Milgard School of Business teaching commendation for TMKTG 445 (Services Marketing), TMKTG 460 (Research Methods), and TMKTG 475 (Marketing Strategy), 2015.
- Nominated for the Outstanding Faculty, 11th Annual OSCARs, 2014
- Milgard School of Business teaching commendation for TMKTG 445 (Services Marketing) and TMKTG 475 (Marketing Strategy), 2014
- Melcher Faculty Award for Excellence in Teaching, University of Houston, 2010 (A college-wide annual award based on teaching evaluations over the previous 3 years.)
- Fellow, 40th Annual AMA-Sheth Foundation Doctoral Consortium, 2005
- Fellow, 26th Annual ISMS Doctoral Consortium, 2004
- Fulbright-IACC Fellowship for a Newly Employed Manager in Industry, 1999