Tarang Khangaonkar, Ph.D., P.E.
Dr. Khangaonkar is the Director of the Salish Sea Modeling Center (SSMC) at University of Washington Tacoma, Center for Urban Waters through a dual appointment with Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL). He brings the necessary enthusiasm, expertise, experience and vision to SSMC. This includes goals such as advancement and use of state-of-the-art models of the Salish Sea ecosystem, to foster a transparent and collaborative environment for ocean modeling, and, to continue expansion, and development of the Salish Sea Model – Operational Forecast System for our community.
- Coastal circulation and hydrodynamic modeling
- Water quality and biogeochemical processes modeling
- Effluent mixing and fate and transport modeling
- Nearshore habitat restoration design
- Climate change and sea level rise
- Ocean acidification
- Sediment transport and littoral processes
- Toxics fate and transport modeling
- Integrated modeling of riverine, floodplain, estuarine, and coastal watersheds